- FinancialPress releaseWith reference to the CASHES instruments ISIN Code XS0413650218, Mediobanca communicates that, at the request of UniCredit S.p.A., it has entered into an amendment to the usufruct agreement existing with the same. Such amendment introduces in the usufruct agreement a discretional option for UniCredit to pay future quarterly amounts under the usufruct agreement – which the payment of coupons under the CASHES instruments are linked to – even in absence of the relevant payment conditions connected to the presence of profits and distribution of dividends from UniCredit. Today Mediobanca, as depositary bank, has also received notification from UniCredit of the intention to avail of such option for the quarterly amount due for 26 May 2020; as a result, Mediobanca has started the procedure envisaged by the CASHES agreements in order to transfer such amount to the CASHES fiduciary issuer in time for payment of the CASHES coupons.
- FinancialMediobanca BoD - Financial statements as at 31/3/20 approved
Financial statements as at 31/3/20 approved
Mediobanca is strongly committed to executing the strategic guidelines of its 2019-23 plan, leveraging on the diversity of its business model and proven track record in growth across cycles and turning critical scenarios into opportunities to consolidate its position
- GovernanceCompass gives up to the acquisition on 19.9% in BFI
- FinancialCheBanca! BoD- Financial statements for 31 March 2020 approvedCheBanca! CEO GianLuca Sichel commented as follows:
“The last weeks of the third quarter were marked by the spread of the Covid-19 virus, which has changed the social and economic scenario profoundly. Our native digital and multi-channel business model has enabled us to address the situation effectively and promptly, with the vast majority of our staff and advisors working from home and secure access guaranteed to our branch offices. Client advisory services, which in these times are more vital than ever, continue uninterrupted on the back of the digitalization of our procedures, enhanced customer service operations and the arrangement of individual appointments. Our business model has demonstrated its resilience in these unprecedented conditions, with our combination of direct and indirect funding mix producing positive results. We will continue to support collaborators and clients in the months to come, taking part in the numerous initiatives being launched by the Italian government.”
- FinancialTreasury share buyback completedMediobanca hereby gives notice that on 25 March 2020, the treasury share buyback scheme which it launched on 8 November 2018 and disclosed to the market on the same date was ended.
- Mediobanca Group and its staff together donate over €1M to help in the fight against Covid19The Mediobanca Group and its staff have together donated a total of €1.1m to the fight against Covid-19.
The amount, which will be given to the region of Lombardy, the municipality of Milan and the Luigi Sacco University Hospital in the same city, has been raised from the combined efforts of the Bank and its staff, who have participated actively in an internal fund-raising campaign in recent days.
- Coronavirus: precautions and protection measures
In accordance with the restrictions put in place by the Italian authorities to contain the Coronavirus outbreak, Mediobanca and the Mediobanca Group companies have adopted preventative measures to protect our staff and clients. The Group is encouraging staff to work from home where they are operationally and technologically able and equipped to do so. It is giving priority to the use of video conferencing tools for meetings with clients, providers and non-Mediobanca Group staff members; and has suspended work-related trips and journeys and promotional and internal social events.
- FinancialInterim financial statements for six months ended 31 December 2019 now availableThe interim financial statements of Mediobanca for the six months ended 31 December 2019 have been published today, along with the external auditors’ report, at the company’s head office and on the websites mediobanca.com (Investor Relations section) and emarketstorage.com.
For sending and storage of Regulated Information, Mediobanca uses the eMarket SDIR transmission system and the eMarket STORAGE storage mechanism available at www.emarketstorage.com, both of which are managed by Spafid Connect S.p.A., with registered office in Foro Buonaparte 10, Milan, Italy.